Members of Aphotic will be expected to follow these rules at all times. Violators of guild rules will be confronted by a member of the Council, and dismissed from the guild if they repeatedly show inability to comply.
1. First and foremost, Aphotic members are expected to adhere to all Terms and Conditions relevant to the game being played, and will be subject to immediate dismissal for any such violations. This includes past and/or present botting, RMT and kill trading, among many others.
2. Treat anyone you encounter with respect. This applies to your guild-mates, members of other guilds and GMs. You are a representative of Aphotic in everything you do.
3. Avoid drama, and keep your emotions in check. Do not argue with your guild-mates, or with other players. By keeping a calm exterior, you give the guild a stronger image. When you lose control of your temper in public, you make us look weak. If you have a problem, take it to whispers, or talk with a member of the Council.
4. Check the forums daily. There is no better single source of guild communication. When you post on the forums, please use proper grammar and spelling. Apply the same considerations to posts you make on other websites and forums.
5. Any discussions that take place on Aphotic forums, in Aphotic guild chat, or in Aphotic mumble are considered confidential and therefore should not be disclosed elsewhere.
6. Leaders of any guild event, such as raids, will be designated by a member of the Council. Please do what is asked of you, and do not argue with their orders in the middle of the event. If you disagree with the way an encounter was handled, it can be discussed in tells or in private on Mumble afterward. Keep Mumble clear, and please only speak during large events when the information is absolutely critical, such as to let the leader know a group of players is incoming.
7. Aphotic is a PvP focused guild, so please do your best to learn to perform in this capacity as well as possible. We all make mistakes, and there are things that we could all do better. Strive to polish all such aspects of your performance, and to always want to do even better. If you have questions about PvP, ask your guild-mates; someone is sure to know how to help. Again, remember you represent the guild when you PvP, and you should always make us look strong.
8. Please do not run instances when you know a guild event will be happening unless you have asked a member of the Council that it is okay to pass on the guild event. We expect our members to attend raids, and being in an instance is not a valid excuse for not attending.
9. If you have any concerns, please, please bring it to the attention of the Council. Send a whisper in between events, send an in-game mail, or post on the forums. We want to make sure that everyone's concerns are addressed, but we can not solve issues of which we are not aware. If you have a legitimate problem with another guild member, contact a member of the Council in private, and we will do all we can to resolve this while completely respecting your privacy.
10. Attending guild meetings when they are scheduled is a must. We will attempt to schedule them during times that are convenient for the majority of people. If you do miss a guild meeting there will be information available on forums by means of a mumble recording.
Mumble is required. We expect our members to be on mumble whenever they are actively playing. You must have a working headset and use the Push To Talk function. We require mumble because we want to make communication as smooth as possible. You should have the exact same name in mumble as you do in game.
1. Our guild promotes a cheat-free environment and we intend to keep the guild running this way. We want our foes to know that we have beaten them with skill and tactics rather than the use of third party programs.
2. This guild is extremely strict on the idea of no cheating, no hacking, no exploits, no glitching, and absolutely no gold buying. Anything that goes against the Terms of Service is frowned upon by Aphotic.
3. Gold buying is also an extremely serious issue. If you buy Gold and trade with guild members you are not only putting yourself at risk but also those guild members that you are trading with. If you are found out to be buying gold or have ever bought gold the past you will be guild removed or automatically denied Trial Status.
4. Botting should be self explanatory, if you botted previously or are caught botting you will be added to the list of permanent removal and can NEVER apply for Aphotic again. Botting will lead to an automatic guild removal and automatic denial of Trial Status. Members of Aphotic will be expected to follow these rules at all times. Violators of guild rules will be confronted by a member of the Council, and dismissed from the guild if they repeatedly show inability to comply.
During raids or instances when you are grouping with guild members you have to have the ability to follow directions, commands, and strategic advisement from your alliance or group leader. You should be able to hold your own in the battle field. Never attempt to take command of a raid that you did not start in command of. Attempting to put in opinions on the strategy will only encourage others to do this same causing confusion, this confusion can lead to a lost battle.
Use the appropriate mumble channels provided. It will save a lot of hassle if people can identify your need to focus just by seeing the channel you are in.
During world PvP raids if you are not a member of the PvP Council do not talk in mumble unless the following scenarios apply. This is done to keep the voice communication clear and concise between the raid leaders and attending personnel. 1. You notice a large group of enemy players flanking or otherwise sneaking up on the alliance. 2. You are in desperate need of heals because you are being focus fired or you need cures and have yet to receive them. 3. You are a scouter for raids. 4. Emergency. Please use discretion, if something serious is happening outside of the game or you absolutely must log please let us know. 5. Computer crash or serious lag issues can also be reported in mumble if your playing an integral part in the alliance, such as tank or healer.
If you do not follow these rules you will be Globally muted in mumble. Repeat offenders will be preemptively muted in mumble during fortress raids. Please use common sense as we cannot account for all possible scenarios.